Prosecards from the Edge (of a Continent)

A running commentary on my life in Izmir, Turkey...and other thoughts.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Gone Fishin' (An Apology)

Dear Readers (assuming there are any of you left out there),
Difficult events of a personal nature in my life over the last couple of months have derailed me. I have frankly had neither the heart nor the mental wherewithal to write anything postable in this public space; I apologize for leaving you all hanging. Please bear with me until happier times allow me to continue with this journal. Peace to all of you.
Kate

6 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Sandra said...

Sorry to hear that. I quite enjoyed reading your poem and catching up with your news.
Your flat and white kitchen sound wonderful ,-)
Anyway, hope that happier times are just around the corner.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Hope said...

Dear Kate,

I hope whatever is troubling you will soon pass over you and set you back on your pass to peace. Whatever I can do, please let me know.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Cocodrilo said...

Kate,

A friend's bad-ass doula gave her this advice as she struggled through a difficult, drug-free labor: 'the only way through the pain is through the pain.' As goes parturition, so goes life. Very sorry to hear things are grim. But write anyway: cussedly, belligerently, faithfully.

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kate,

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..

Pain removes the veil; it plants the flag of truth within the fortress of your soul..

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Mamacita said...

I hope that better times will soon be yours. Meanwhile, follow your wise brother's advice: write anyway, no matter what! Writing will help you work through your issues and your pain. (And, from my own selfish point of view, write because I miss your posts!)

As you can see, you are not alone; you have a devoted and supportive audience out here in cyberspace (and in real life, as well). We're here for you!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Kate's Occasional Blog said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you for the moral support. It gives me strength to know that you ARE out there. I hope to be back online soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home